Library Loot - March 8 to March 15

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Sharlene from Real Life Reading that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. 

I think I've found a weekly blog topic that I can really get behind, and it's Library Loot. This challenge focuses on all the wonderful things we've read from our library. Since ours has been such an important part of my life and has been since the first time I took my children to toddler story time so many years ago, I knew I had to participate in this. This week's library loot is an eclectic mix of vintage mystery and nonfiction memoir. 



The Cooking Gene by Michael Twitty is a look at the culinary history of African American culture, but is also a memoir of Twitty and his family. I'm on chapter 5 at present time and it's been a fascinating look at his early life and his multicultural family. 

The Case of the Gilded Fly is a classic locked-room mystery originally published in 1944. The author, Edmund Crispin, is new to me, so I'm looking forward to testing out his writing style and seeing if I can possibly crack the case before the detective.

A Woman's Place 1910-1975 is a selection by Ruth Adam that was a recommended read on the Furrowed Middlebrow WWII nonfiction "must read" list. My local library found a copy within our state at another library and had it shipped to me. I just love them! It focuses on what life was like for women in Brittain from Victorian times until the then present day of the mid-1970s. It should be quite interesting and I'm excited to get into it.

Comments